In this blog, we will explain step by step process of How to live stream on YouTube. YouTube creators may interact with their audience in real-time with the Youtube Live streaming feature. Every minute, up to 500 hours of video content is posted to Youtube, making it the second most popular search engine.
Whether it’s a school function, a workplace meeting, or a conference, YouTube live streaming has made millions of people’s lives easier, particularly during this epidemic.
Whether you’re a content creator or a brand, live streaming has been extremely popular in recent years as a way to carve out a niche or market for yourself.
Criteria to enable YouTube Live Stream
To use the YouTube mobile app for live streaming, you must have at least 1000 subscribers. YouTubers’ channels should be verified, and there should be no live streaming restrictions on the channel in the previous 90 days.
Also if it is a YouTuber’s first time live it may take up to 24 hours to get activated.
How to stream live on YouTube from mobile?
Live Streaming on YouTube from Mobile is simple and straightforward to use. The quality of the camera and sound is far superior to what we had a few years ago, thanks to technological advancements.
Live streaming is unscripted and responsive, which means it’s real content, which is exactly what consumers want. The nice part about YT live streaming is that you can do it for free and upload it to your YouTube account.
It also saves your time because you won’t have to edit or work on the video after it’s been uploaded on the channel.
Follow these easy and simple steps to live stream on YouTube from mobile:
- From your google play store download the youtube app
- Click on the camera option on the top right-hand corner and press ‘go live’
3. Create a title for your live stream video
4. Add a thumbnail description, upload or choose a thumbnail picture.
5. From the more option settings, you can enable age restrictions, disable live chat, promotion disclosures, monetizations.
6. You are now live streaming from your mobile.
However, if you want to get on the youtube live bandwagon without reaching the 1K subscriber level, you may do so.
YouTubers can live stream to YouTube straight from their smartphones using the ManyCam mobile app, without the need for a minimum number of subscribers. The best thing is that it’s really simple to use and is compatible with both iOS and Android smartphones!
Here’s how to start live streaming on YouTube using your phone, step by step:
- Download the app from google play store or App store. (for IOS)
- Connect Manycam to your YourTube Channel by logging in to your channel.
- Click on the live streaming option and start broadcasting.
How to live stream on youtube through built-in or external webcam
Using a built-in or external USB camera, you may live broadcast on YouTube directly from your web browser. If all you want to do is express your views and interact with your audience in real-time, a webcam could suffice.
With a higher-end camera, such as a digital camcorder or DSLR, you can also live broadcast over your browser. A USB capture card will be required to get the video signal into your computer. The camera will then be recognized by YouTube as a plug-and-play webcam.
Here’s how to live stream on YouTube using your web browser once you’ve got your camera set up:
- Log into your YouTube account and go to the top-right corner of the screen to the “Create a video or post” option.
- From the drop-down option, choose “Go Live.”
- Give YouTube and your browser any needed permissions for live streaming if requested (i.e., camera, microphone).
- Make sure “Webcam” is chosen in the navigation bar at the top of the Live Control Room.
- Choose a date and time of the live stream and give a title to your live.
- From ‘more options’ select enable age restrictions, disable live chat, monetization. (for YPP members only)
- Choose or upload a picture for your thumbnail
- That’s it! You are streaming live on youtube from your webcam.
Along with Mobile and Webcam, live streaming is also possible through Encoder streaming.
It is yet another streaming software that allows YouTubers to stream video and audio for free. The simplicity of using a camera or mobile device is realized, but it may also miss a few features of audio.
Steps to use an encoder streaming to live stream on YouTube on PC:
- Download Encoding Software and select your preferred streaming software.
- Click on ‘Go Live’
- On Youtube, click on ‘create a video or post’ and proceed on Stream in the top navigation bar.
- Give a title to your live stream, select a date and preferred time, upload an appropriate thumbnail, choose or upload a picture for your video
- Press ‘ Create Stream’
- Copy the “Stream name/key” from the pop-up window. (Do not reveal this string of characters.) If the window does not display, or if it is unintentionally closed, check for this information in the Live Control Room’s bottom-left corner.
- Open a new tab for your preferred streaming software paste the ‘stream name’
- When you are ready, hit the stream button.
Live stream on YouTube is super easy and beneficial for content creators in order to make a brand for themselves. The above three ways are used to live stream on youtube. Following these steps to live stream will give you a head start on making live content on youtube.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 Is YouTube live streaming free?
Ans. Live streaming on YouTube is absolutely free of cost. You only need a YT channel to enable live stream option.
Q.2 How can I live stream on YouTube?
Ans. Log into your YouTube account and go to the top-right corner of the screen to “Create a video or post.”
From the drop-down option, choose “Go Live.”
Q.3 Do you need 1000 subscribers on YouTube to live stream?
Ans. Your channel must have at least 1,000 subscribers to live stream on mobile. Creators with less than 1,000 members may still use a computer and webcam to live broadcast.