How To Delete Instagram Account Permanently In 2022?
How do I permanently delete my instagram account? How do I delete my Instagram account permanently from my phone?
Instagram has become an inherent part of our lives in the last few years. Not having an IG account is the equivalent of not having a social security number in the crazy world we inhabit. However, the queries for “how to delete Instagram Account” have been on the rise recently.
There can be a lot of reasons for people to look for a way out of this addictive world of Instagram. Here are some common reasons to delete your IG profile:
- Your account was hacked
- You have had enough of the platform
- You want to go on a social media cleanse
- You have lost all the login credentials to your account and can’t access it anymore
- You are opening another account
Deleting your Instagram account is one way to deal with the issues. However, if you are looking for a break from the Facebook-owned platform, deactivating your account temporarily makes better sense than removing your IG account permanently. We have a step-by-step guide to help you delete and disable your Instagram account, along with a quick tutorial that allows you to save your account data before deleting your account permanently.
So without wasting any more time, let’s get straight to it:
How to Delete Instagram Account Permanently?
Deleting your Instagram account permanently is not a quick process. First, you need to put in a request with IG to delete your profile, after which the company can take up to 90 days to remove your account.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to deleting your account on PC and mobile phone.
Deactivate Instagram Account On Desktop
The process of deleting your IG account is the same for Windows and Mac. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Go to Instagram’s Delete your account page or click here to find the link.
2. Enter your user name and password.
3. Select one of the reasons from the dropdown list for your decision to delete your account.
4. Based on the reason you choose, Instagram will ask you to get help from the help center to fix the issue.
5. Once you select an option, it will prompt you to enter your password again.
6. Once you enter your password, click on “Delete.”
This will send your request to Instagram but not instantly delete your account. It takes between 30-90 days for IG to permanently deactivate your account and all your data along with it. It also asks you if you want to take a break from the platform, then you can temporarily disable your account.
Delete Instagram Account from Mobile
Not many people know this, but you can also delete your account from your phone. However, it’s not mandatory to do it on your PC or laptop.
Steps to delete IG account on Phone:
1. Open the Instagram app and click on the hamburger symbol on the top right-hand corner of your profile.
2. Tap on “Settings.”
3. Select “Help”
4. Tap on “help center.”
5. Select the three vertical lines at the top
6. Go To “Manage your account”
7. Tap on “Delete your account”
9. Scroll down and select “Delete your account”
10. Instagram will ask you for a reason as to why you want to delete your account. Select one of the reasons from the dropdown.
11. According to the option you choose, IG will ask you to get help from the help center to fix the issue.
12. After any option you select, it will ask you to enter your password.
13. Once you enter your password, click on “Delete”
Instagram will inform you that after a period of 30 days after you put in the request, your account and all the data related to your account will be permanently deleted. Therefore, it may take up to 90 days to delete everything you have posted.
Instagram, however, still notes that it might save the copy of your data in its backup even after the said 90 days period and will only use it in the event of a disaster, software error, or other data loss or for things like legal matters, violation, or harm prevention efforts.
How to Delete IG Account without Password?
As you might have noticed from the above steps, your password is crucial in the process of deleting your Instagram account. This is because it’s the only way for Instagram to verify your identity as the account owner. Typically, you would have to log in to your account to delete your IG account. Since you have forgotten the password to your account, you will have to try something else. You need to reset your password via your email.
Here is what you need to do to access your Instagram account without your password:
- Open the Instagram app or web page.
- Select the “forgotten password” tab on the login screen.
- Put in the email you used to open your IG account.
- Press “Search,” located in the top right-hand corner of your screen.
- Select “Send email.“
- Click on the password reset link sent to your email and create a new password.
Once you have reset the password, use it and follow the steps we mentioned above to delete Instagram account permanently.
In the rare situation where your account is hacked and you have lost your password, it becomes crucial to delete your account before you lose all the strings to your account, like your email and phone number.
How to Delete Instagram Account From Facebook?
The only way to delete an IG account is through Instagram’s delete Your Account page. There are many ways to access this page but the real process of removing your IG account starts here. However, you can unlink your Instagram Account from Facebook via Fb.
How to Disable Instagram Account Temporarily?
If you wish to take a break from Instagram, then you should disable your account instead of deleting it permanently. It’s a temporary process, and you can get your account back easily without any hassle. All you have to do is log in again.
Temporarily disabling your Instagram account hides your profile, photos, comments, and likes until you log back in and reactivate your account. You can only disable your account from a computer or mobile browser. You can’t do it within the Instagram app. You have to log in on your desktop browser, so make sure you have all of your correct log-in information ready.
Here’s the step-by-step breakdown of the process:
2. Click on your profile picture.
3. Select Profile.
4. Click “Edit Profile” next to your username, and scroll to the bottom.
5. Click on “Temporarily disable my account.”
6. Now, select the reason for disabling your account, and put in your password.
7. Click the Temporarily Disable Account button.
How to Save Your Instagram Account Data Before Deleting It?
Deleting your account is a permanent step. All the posts and comments you have accumulated over the years will be lost forever. Only if you don’t save it first.
Before IG deletes your account and everything with it, follow the steps to save your account data.
- Open Instagram on your phone and tap the profile icon in the lower right corner.
- Tap the hamburger icon on the top right corner.
3. Tap Settings at the bottom.
4. Select Security,
5. Find the Download Data option.
6. Enter your email address and tap Request Download.
Within 48 hours, Instagram will send a complete file of your profile to the email address you provided. It will contain your photos, comments, profile information, and everything else you may need to access in the future. If you don’t save your profile data, you’ll be losing out on your information completely—and you’ll never get it back, no matter what you do.
If better to have it and never need it than need it and not have it.
Now that you know how to delete Instagram account, you can go ahead and delete it. Or, if you want to take a break, you can temporarily disable your account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How do I delete my Instagram account on Android?
- Open the Instagram app and click on the hamburger symbol on the top right-hand corner of your profile.
- Tap on “Settings”
- Select “Help”
- Tap on “help center.”
- Select the three vertical lines at the top
- Go To “Manage your account”
- Tap on “Delete your account”
- Tap on the Question “How do I delete my Instagram account?”
- Scroll down and select “Delete your account
- Instagram will ask you for a reason as to why you want to delete your account. Select one of the reasons from the dropdown.
- According to the option you choose, IG will ask you to get help from the help center to fix the issue.
- After any option you select, it will ask you to enter your password.
- Once you enter your password, click on “Delete”
Q2. How long can you temporarily disable your Instagram?
Ans: There is no time limit on Instagram for how long you can disable your account.
Q3. Can I disable my Instagram account for 3 months?
Ans: Instagram has set no limit for how long you can disable your IG account. So yes, you can disable your account for 3 months.
Q4.Can I get my Instagram account back after deleting it?
Ans: No, You cannot recover your account back after deleting it as it’s a permanent action that cannot be reversed. If you have disabled or deactivated your account, then you can get it back easily.